My amazing family.

My amazing family.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas!

Christmas sort of went by fast- and I'm a little sad about it. It was, however, full of amazing food, great company, and lots of naps :) 

I went up to Lindsay's house a few days before Christmas to stay with the boys (who were both sick) while Chris worked and Lindsay finished some Christmas shopping. They were super cuddly, and I was okay with it! 

Sunday before Christmas we celebrated the Pedersen family Christmas. Here's the annual 'sibling' photo:



I worked during the day of Christmas Eve. Thankfully, Mike and Julie came in (and stayed to drink) and let me leave so I could make it to church. The choir sang a few songs before Mass started. I sang O Holy Night (at the front of church-scary!) with the choir joining on the refrain. 

After Mass, Ma and Pa had the bowling gang over for prime rib. I stopped over to Kristen's grandparents for a little while (because they're my second family-I have to see them on Christmas!). I came home and enjoyed the prime rib and great company :) 

Pa dressed up as Santa for Mass (per Father Brian's request) to give the message that even Santa has time to attend Mass. 




I saw Mommy kissing Santa Clause....



Christmas day we were all up and at 'em early to start cooking. Pa and I worked hard making cheeseballs and pickle wraps. The troops arrived around noon and the chaos continued throughout the day. We had 21 people total in our house for lunch. We had so much good food and we all ate ourselves into a food coma. After lunch we opened presents and then had pie. The extended family left and the immediate fam opened presents. Needless to say, our living room was pretty much a war zone. All were pleased with the gifts they received, aside from the cookie jar being located in a set of luggage given to Lindsay. She and I managed to sneak it into Shelby's luggage, but JD found it before they left. I am currently not aware of the location, and I'm worried. 

Shelby bought Kaden a marshmallow shooter and, in the words of Lindsay, "This is what Christmas is about:wearing your fuzzy fat pants and shooting marshmallows at people." 


Connor got a new Hawkeye chair

A few of my favorite people! 


So that's the wrap-up of my Christmas. Now I'm just enjoying break, visiting friends, napping quite a bit, and doing basically whatever I want. and I love it. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment