My amazing family.

My amazing family.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wisdom

                    "If you're looking for wisdom, call your grandmother." - Alice Hoffman

I am lucky to have one grandmother still living. She is 92 years old, lives across the street from my home in RC, and never leaves her house. She {thinks} she knows a lot about what I do, but in reality it's all just assumptions from how many times/what time I leave the house everyday. She once told me when I was home for a weekend from college that she gets bored when I'm not home. Still, I love her. And I know she loves me, as I can tell from my visits to her house--when she thinks of anything and everything to talk about so I stay there just a tad longer. She has a big heart and we all love her (even Aunt Sharon when she has to buy her groceries and go through the checkout with Metamucil, etc.) 

How I wish I could still call my other  grandmother. My Grandma Mohr was one of the greatest women I've ever know. I didn't get as much time with her as most people my age do with their grandparents (as my mom was the youngest of 8 and I am the youngest as well), and I wish I would have cherished her time more. 

She had the strongest faith of anyone I've ever met. She was and still is an inspiration to me as I travel on my journey to strengthening my faith.

Grandma Mohr taught me many things (she's the reason I'm so good at the guilt trip), but the most important thing she taught me is on a tiny little plaque that sits on my piano at home. It says:
"Everything happens for a reason, just believe." 
This is also on a poster hanging in my dorm room, as an everyday reminder. 

As we go through life, we must remember that God has a plan for us. Each and every one of us. And everything that happens has a reason behind it. All these little things that happen in our every day lives have a purpose in the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment