My amazing family.

My amazing family.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Do You Hear the People Sing?

Two words: Les Miserables. 

As much as I love acting and singing, I actually have not seen as many musicals as one would think. In fact, I had never seen any form of Les Mis, nor had I even heard the songs. 

OH MY GOSH. Can you say LOVE?! My mom and I took a trip to Fort Dodge one night over break to get some groceries and we decided to go see it. Amazing decision. We both loved it, and I haven't stopped singing the songs since....

Reasons I loved it: 

1) It's in France. Uh, hello?! I love everything about France. (and CAN'T WAIT to go again in June)

2) The music. I honestly don't care that Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman haven't had years of training in singing, 

3) The acting. Anne Hathaway is one of my favorite actresses and Hugh Jackman is, well, Hugh Jackman. 

4) Isabelle Allen. and A Castle on a Cloud. No further words needed. 

5) This. Which I'm singing for an audition this weekend... (more information to come) 

And just the movie in its entirety. I have tossed around the thought of seeing it again...and I will most definitely be purchasing it on DVD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment