My amazing family.

My amazing family.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent

"Even now, says the Lord,    
return to me with your whole heart,
with fasting, and weeping, and mourning;
Rend your hearts, not your garments,
and return to the Lord, your God.
For gracious and merciful is he, 
slow to anger, rich in kindness, 
and relenting in punishment."
~Joel 2:12-13


"Often we stray from the center of our being, getting caught up in distractions that divide our hearts and our souls. Like the lost sheep in the gospel, we drift from the fold and, in our loneliness, hear the call to come home." 

This has happened to me more times than I would like to admit. I love being involved, but often times I immerse myself in my work with school and student organizations that I lose sight of what is important: my relationship with God. 

This Lenten season, along with giving up sweets and pop (which will hopefully, in turn, make me healthier!), I vow to make a change in my lifestyle. A change that will bring me closer to God and hopefully help me do everything I do wholeheartedly, with the help of God. I will devote more time each day to reflecting; not only on the book I have and the Bible verses in it, but on my every day actions and how they affect people. 

I think spending time at St. Stephen's will really help me in this journey. There are so many people there that have such strong relationships with God and I admire each and every one of them. 

What will you do this Lenten season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment