My amazing family.

My amazing family.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 22

February 22, 2012, is officially deemed as one of my least favorite days, EVER. We'll get there later. I went to the Union to work out.. I read while I'm riding the exercise bike. I'm SO CLOSE to being done with the Hunger Games. However, I have a page-long to do list for this week so I should work on that before I finish it. It's killing me though. During my writing class I finished our assignment that is not actually due until 11:59pm of the 23rd. Hooray for not procrastinating! After class I had lunch with Courtney and then came to my room and buckled down. I got so much done! I went to donate plasma around 4:00. This is where it gets ugly. I drank A LOT of caffeine on Tuesday, which is not good for donating plasma. They encourage you to be very well hydrated. I didn't even think about that when I was drinking my 2 glasses of iced tea. So I was having trouble the whole time because the needle kept moving. I finished my last return and the saline solution started going in. I knew something wasn't right. I had an awful pain in my arm. I called the lady over and told her that the cuff felt really tight. She said it shouldn't be inflated at all because the saline was going in. Little did I know that it felt tight because my arm was swelling up like a balloon. Apparently the needle got moved again and the saline solution was going into the tissue of my arm instead of my vein. They didn't tell me that right away, though. So I'm crying because 1) it hurt so bad and 2) I thought I was going to die. They took me into an exam room and a nurse had to help my take my shirt off so she could look at my arm. It was huge. Probably the size of my calf, no joke. They told me what happened and they said my body would eventually absorb it, but since it had stretched my skin out it would probably leave a pretty good bruise. I guess we'll find out. So after that incident I came back to campus and grabbed supper. I then headed to Hudson to play at the Ash Wednesday service-Jen went with me. It was slightly difficult to play with my arm but I managed it. I dropped Jen off at the dorm and then drove to St. Stephen's because the choir was ministering at mass. After mass, Rob followed me out to the parking lot where I parked my car and then drove me back to my dorm because he's such a nice guy. Katlyne helped me get undressed and into my pajamas. I took some painkillers and headed to bed.


The weather today was ridiculously bipolar. It was fine when walking to workout and on the way back. While walking to my 11:00 class, it snowed. HUGE snowflakes. It was soooo pretty!

The picture doesn't really capture the beauty, though. When I left to donate plasma at 4, it was sunny and 40 degrees. Crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment